Friday, February 6, 2015

Autism Is Increasing. Why?

Autism Is Increasing. Why?

 bpa-alternative-harmful
Many years ago I was exposed to ozone gas from a laser printer. After a bewildering array of medical issues was examined, it was found that I have Multiple Chemical Sensitive (MCS). After I had no more contact with the room housing the printers, I regained my health. The experience taught me to recognize my symptoms caused by toxins and to either remove the object or myself from the area. While most people show no immediate and obvious health issues, those of us with MCS are acutely aware of the toxins surrounding us. I can identify toxic items by their odor. My lips and tongue sting. When I am exposed to something that is particularly toxic my eyes water and even my teeth hurt.
I am an organic farmer and I raise earthworms to enhance my soil. For many years, I raised the earthworms in wooden boxes since I had access to untreated scrap lumber. When I moved over a thousand miles, I no longer had all the free lumber so I used some plastic containers. The worms grew quickly and much larger, but then turned white and died. After so many years of success I was puzzled. Then I started to think about the plastic containers I had used. I switched to boxes made from untreated lumber and once again I had healthy earthworms.
Autism is on the rise. There are many theories about this troubling trend. My MCS and a recent experience with polyurethane led me to ponder if there was a connection between plastics that cause my toxic symptoms and this syndrome that was largely unknown before the widespread use of plastics.
We got a new bed for our dog. I immediately experienced watering eyes, tingling lips and a headache. The tag revealed that the dog bed was stuffed with polyurethane. I have also noticed that I have similar symptoms when around my grandchildren’s stuffed toys. I have checked the tags and they are often stuffed with polyurethane or some other plastic. Parents won’t notice the issue unless they have MCS. Babies sleep on polyurethane foam mattresses, drink from plastic bottles and play with plastic toys and foam stuffed dolls.
I wonder if exposure to plastics at a vulnerable age could be linked to the dramatic increase in autism. With herbicide (a hormone) found in Mother Breast milk and blood, can the two or combination of them cause the predicted increase of autism to 50% of children by 2025?  Children’s cancer is also on the rise. Just maybe something is being lost in the research.

Donald Lewis is author of the Book, Learned by the Fencepost, Lessons in Organic Farming & Gardening. He started dairy Farming in Vermont after graduating from High School in 1946 and was the FFA Chapter President for four years, State President in 1946. Donald eceived the American Farmers Degree in 1947 and went into partnership with his father and brother, purchasing the farm in 1956. It was a run down farm when his father bought it in 1921. He brought it into good production with cow and chicken manure. It was Organic then, but not recognized as such. In 1950 Donald did all the farm work and his partners ran the saw mill, using Organics and Chemicals together for three years. In 1953 he went totally Organic after doing two simple experiments. His dairy herd responded to the Organic roughage. In 1958 Donald won the New England in Winter Green Pastures Contest over several hundred chemical farmers, because of the best roughage and the healthiest dairy herd they saw on their 2000 mile trip through New England. Donald also won many hay awards at the Vermont farm show, receiving 99.7 and 99.5 points out of 100 for three years. The hay was not Judged the fourth year as he was accused of cheating -sure did he was Organic. Not one Farmer nor agriculture adviser came to the farm to see how he did it without chemicals. He left the Farm in 1963 because of uncontrollable circumstances and worked on a Florida farm in 1963 to 1966. Donald went to Computer night school starting in 1964 and finished in 1966, working as a computer operator in computer technology and retired in 1993. He now has a four acre organic farm and gardens in Goode, Virginia and out-grows all chemical gardeners. Soil test are proof you don’t need anything but organic matter.
Comment: From poster...... say chemtrails, gmo's, fluoride, and vaccines...

No comments: