Friday, December 6, 2013

How to Get a Text Message When TNT Updates the RV/800 # Thread

How to Get a Text Message When TNT Updates the RV/800 # Thread
  



This was originally posted by Dictator.  I thought I would capture it and bring it over.

Hey guys, just wanted to share with you how I set up my email to act as a txt service for me. I do hope most of you followed Tony and the Mods instruction on how to receive an email response when the much anticipated iRV happens. I for one will get too many special alerts if using my email to chime on my phone every time one comes in. So I decided to enter my phone number as xxxxxxxxxx@att.txt.net instead of my email. You can do this in My Profile on the site when you are logged in. This will send a SMS txt to your phone instead of an email to your email account. It works and you can try it by sending yourself an email and watch your phone receive a txt instead. Here is info on the major carriers.
Taken from the eHow website:
ATT
Type in the AT&T cell phone number. All of the numbers should run together (i.e. "1020304050"). Enter the phrase "@txt.att.net" directly after the phone number. The recipient's address for this example would read "1020304050@txt.att.net."


~~~~AN UPDATE FOR THOSE WITH AT&T AS A SERVICE PROVIDER ~~~IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR TEXT
THIS IS THE NUMBER YOU NEED TO USE

It should read  XXXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net.  The txt.att is reversed in the thread.

I LEARNED THIS FROM ONE OF OUR MEMBERS WHO WAS HAVING NO SUCCESS FROM PRIOR FORMAT .

CHEERS

Verizon
Address your email to your recipient using her mobile phone number (with area code) and the vtext.com domain. Omit dashes and parentheses when addressing. For example, if the mobile number is (555) 123-4567, the email address would be 5551234567@vtext.com. I know this works as many of you do as well. This works best for me but it is up to you.
Sprint
Address the email to "CellNumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com" and replace "CellNumber" with the recipient's number. For example, to text the Sprint cell number 555-555-5555, you would address the email to: "5555555555@messaging.sprintpcs.com".
If I missed your carrier just do an internet search on How to send a text using email. Last edited by Dictator (10/31/2013 2:52 am)

Then Ozark76 added:
Here's T-Mobile's info:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3309


If your carrier isn't listed, do a search or check this list:

http://www.emailtextmessages.com/

Cheers!

No comments: