Saturday, July 6, 2013

When did advertisers start having more rights than we do...?

When did advertisers start having more rights than we do...?
Posted By: hobie [Send E-Mail]
Date: Friday, 5-Jul-2013 17:55:48
 
: What an invasion of privacy.
Indeed. :) And even more than that. Freedom of speech does not include a "right to be heard", and it does not impose an obligation to listen.
I pay for telephone service. Why is it seen as right that I should have to field calls from telemarketers I don't want to hear from?
I maintain a mailbox. Why is it seen as right that I should have to receive and dispose of as trash the 'junk mail' that someone wants to send me?
In the case of junk mail, how can it be right that I'm made part of something that eats up a bazillion trees each year? I expressly _don't_ want that - so why is it seen as right that it's being imposed upon me?
The idea of embedding audio ads in the window glass on trains is so wrong-headed I almost don't know how to say it. :) The inventors of that apparently think weary travelers in window seats (but not in the aisle seats?) are theirs to do with as they will.
I don't know what form it will take, but that idea will surely come back on them, somehow. "As ye give, so also shall ye receive."
Blessings.
--hobie
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=281652


No comments: