Tuesday, July 9, 2013

16 Year Old Girl Held at Gun Point for Faulty License Plate Light

16 Year Old Girl Held at Gun Point for Faulty License Plate Light

This is from my own experience in Harrisonville, Missouri (64701).

Cotati Police (Photo: Flicker)
Cop Block
July 9, 2013

On my way home from work around eleven at night, I pulled onto an exit ramp and I saw flashing lights behind me. Being sixteen at the time, (this was no more than a few months ago), I had no idea what to do and was freaking out because I had no idea what I had done wrong. I drove about a minute down the highway looking for a safe place to pull over because there were several semi trucks pulling out of a weighing station to my right, making it difficult for me to pull over to the side of the road safely. During this minute long duration, I was driving 40 miles per hour in a 70 mile per hour zone to let him know that I had intentions of stopping. This was no high speed pursuit.
I pulled off onto another exit ramp and pulled into a well lit gas station directly off the right side of the road. My parents always told me to pull over to a well-lit public place if this were to ever happen in the middle of the night. I turned my car off, turned my overhead light on, rolled down the window, and was about to retrieve my license and my insurance information from my purse and glove compartment when I heard a sheriff screaming at me to open my door from the outside and to exit the vehicle with my hands behind my head. I did so and realized that he was standing behind his open car door with a loaded gun pointed directly at my head, and he had called two other cruisers for back up. At this point, I was scared to death. Keep in mind that I was sixteen, in a Pizza Hut uniform, and I am 5’2” tall and 120 pounds – not intimidating whatsoever. He had me place my hands on my car, and marched over to me and began to interrogate me with questions –where I was going, why I didn’t stop, why I was resisting police procedure. I explained to him that I had never been pulled over before, being a young girl, and it being 11 PM and completely dark, I felt I had the right to pull over to a place where I felt safe.
After he took my information, he asked if I was hiding anything in the vehicle and if he could check it out. I know now that I could have told him hell no, but I was uneducated about my rights at the time. He dumped all of my belongings out of my purse, emptied my make-up bag, staining my passenger-side seat, emptied a bottle of ibuprofen, broke two CD cases, threw everything that was in my backpack into my back seat, and then asked me if I knew why I was pulled over. No, obviously I didn’t, but I knew this wasn’t standard procedure for being pulled over for petty reasons. He then told me that my license plate light was burnt out and it was “no big deal” and laughed about it.
I’m sorry sheriff, but I don’t think getting a gun pointed at your head for a faulty license plate light is necessary when all I wished was to pull over to a public area where I felt safe. I think your actions justified any young woman doing so in the middle of the night.
http://intellihub.com/2013/07/09/16-year-old-girl-held-at-gun-point-for-faulty-license-plate-light/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This nazi bastard should be horse whipped and locked up in a mental ward. If it were my daughter there would be one less nazi drone to plunder and harm anyone else.

Anonymous said...

In events such as this, names of the ignorant, despotic lawbreaking "law enforcemnet" officers should be advertised across the nation... advertised LOUDLY AND CLEARLY so their constituents or boss, as well as the general public, know what kinds of scum we are dealing with.

Years ago I had the misfortune of watching a perfectly innocent teenage boy who was my daughter's classmate be arrested. When I asked what the charges were against the boy since he had not broken any law, was not disrespectful, etc., the officer grabbed him, said "Public drunkeness," and shoved him into his car. I said,"That boy is no more drunk than I am and if you take him in, I will be following to see that he gets a breathalizer test, blood test or whatever other recourse is available."
When I followed them to the police station I asked the booking officer what the charges were against the boy and he said, "Disorderly conduct."

"What?" I asked. "How can you change the charges? When he was arrested, the charges were public drunkenness and now that we are here they're changed to disorderly conduct! I guess it's hard to prove to your fellow officers that someone who hasn't had a drop of alcohol can be drunk!"

I took it to court and the boy was cleared. I was fined $50.00 for calling the officer a half-assed moron, but it was worth every penny!

So now...many years later, I will take my own advice. I will let it be known that MATEO SANDOVAL purposely and with malice, falsely arrested a young man. I wonder if MATEO SANDOVAL is still a police officer dragging in innocent young people just as a favor to a friend or to exercise some sick perverted sense of power. Are you still out there MATEO SANDOVAL making false arrests?

Anonymous said...

cops forget they work for the people,not the gov. or their boss.they need to know the law or be put in jail when they break it.