Sunday, November 25, 2012

SEARS - A Great Company

A friend sent along this reminder in case you didn't know it.
Sears and Christmas shopping this year.
I know I needed this reminder, since Sears is seldom my first choice for Christmas shopping. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and that Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. It would be nice if we each could buy at least one thing at Sears this year?
What commitment you say?
Listen to how Sears treats its employees who are serving in our military. By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being on active duty.
Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.
I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once this year. Be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

My friend sent this e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:
I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.
This is their answer to my e-mail:
Dear Customer:
Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our men and women can make. This is the "least" we can do for them.
We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.
Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
1-800-349-4358
Please pass this on . Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our Military!
It's verified! You can check for yourself at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp
Notice that Snopes links to a government website that (if you can figure out how to navigate within it) names other companies that also provide this sort of support to our troops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Sears is doing is for PR. Everything is dollars and cents to them.

I worked for Sears and they treat their people terrible and not just me but many others.

I came down with cancer and gave a two week notice that I was going. Then I called HR to get a disibility form and the store manager would not allow her to send it out to me.

I was suppose to have medical insurance and it should have started six months before I became ill and they somehow messed that up. I was lucky that I was able to go to the V.A. for treatment.

I had to leave as I could not function anymore. Now that I was sick I was unable to draw unemployment compensation or disability payments as the manager blocked them.

If sales people make to much money they hire more sales people to decrease your earnings. We worked on commission and with more people working you would make less.

It happened that I saw a memo from management in NJ that instructed my store in N.Y. to hire more sales people in the appliance department as people there were making more money than he was making.Maybe he needed to just find a new job for himself and leave everyone else alone.

I would never work for or buy from Sears again. Ken

Anonymous said...

Sears is almost completely owned by banks now and I am not forgetting that Sears was one of the first retailers to start sticking it too Ameri9can workers in the 80s.