Friday, July 20, 2012

Gotta Love Those Texans !

Gotta  Love Those Texans !

 
From a guy in Austin, Texas:
My neighbor is a "lefty" of sorts (Obama bumper
stickers, gung-ho socialized medicine, "guns should
be banned", etc.). So this past spring I put this sign
up in my yard after one of his anti-gun rants at a
neighborhood cocktail party.
The sign wasn't up more than an hour before he
called the police and wanted them to make me take
down the sign. Fortunately, the officer politely
informed him that it was not their job to take such
action without a court order and that he had to file a
complaint "downtown" first, which would be reviewed
by the city attorney to see if it violated any city,
county, or state ordinances, which if there was a
violation a court order would be sent to the offending
party (me) to "remove the sign in seven days."
After several weeks he was informed that the sign
was legal and there was nothing the city could do,
which obviously made him madder.
I tried to smooth things over by inviting him to go
shooting with me and my friends at the hunt club
but that seemed to make him even more angry.
I am at a loss how to reconcile our long relationship
(notice I did not say friendship), any suggestions
would be welcome.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good sign hope nobody break in the neighbor house he'll have to run for his life may be by then realize he's been brainwashed and turn off the tv.

Anonymous said...

I am from the uk where we are not allowed to protect ourselves with weapons. Many home owners have been sent to prison here for beating or killing buglers who have broken in while they and their children are asleep in their beds.
We legally have no right to attack trespassers in our homes. Its ridiculous.

Just be careful guys. This recent horrible cinema shooting is awful and the UK corporate controlled media keeps stressing how much guns and ammo was purchased by this evil man. I really think they are going to use this to demonize all you gun owners.

It's your right to protect yourselves and your families in any way you see fit. Proportional force has to mean any force you deem needed as you have no idea what a bugler might be there to do.

Please do not let your PTB use this tragedy as an excuse to take your guns. To take your right to defend yourself. If the USA falls the rest of us have no hope.

Good luck to all my cousins in the free world.

Much love.

Wiggy.