Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From PTR chat - Bank Story - For What It's Worth


From PTR chat - Bank Story - For What It's Worth
Never thought I'd post a bank story, but here goes - take it for what it's worth.

We cashed out another asset last week to tide us over until "the big one." The bank (one of the big four) said the funds would post at midnight on Monday night. She checked on-line this morning (Tuesday) and it hadn't posted.

She couldn't connect to our advisor via phone so she went to the branch to find out why. Another banker told her the computers had been down all morning and had just come back up. He also said that all the banks on that street (3 of the "big four") had their computers down all morning and they had just come back up and that it hadn't been a power problem
.

This wasn't our regular banker, but we used him to set up a non-interest-bearing account last week. This morning he asked why we opened another account when we already had 4. My wife said that we were hoping for a substantial investment to mature and that we needed a non-interest-bearing account for temporary unlimited FDIC coverage under the Dodd-Frank act.

He asked what the investment was and my wife declined to tell him. He said, "Bet I can guess...dinar?" He DIDN'T give the "it's a scam" speech. He said that he'd been hearing about dinar a lot lately. Hopefully he was hearing about it in bank training sessions.
-----------

Another bank story from Intel4u chat ...

3:36 PM [ploganea] I was at my WF. It is a small bank. The tellers have been into dinar for close to a year. So, just teasing, I handed her a dinar and asked her to cash it.

3:37 PM [ploganea] She laughed and said, I wish. She asked what I had heard on the computer and I told her. Then she told me that WF used to always say "we don't handle IQD and don't plan to in the future." They are not supposed to say that any more!

3:37 PM [Serendipity] ploganea What did she do/ sa?

3:38 PM [ploganea] She said that the employees were not supposed to be negative about IQD. Now this is a little WF, just 3 employees. They are closing the branch in June but are upgrading the software soon. She didn't know when.

3:38 PM [ploganea] She and I said it seems pretty funny to upgrade software on a branch that is going to close.

3:39 PM [ploganea] peaches105 The teller and I agreed that we can actually see movement forward and that is a good thing.

3:41 PM [ploganea] justchecking I think she said they were just to indicate that they will trade IQD when it becomes a tradeable currency. She and I were both pretty excited. I think I really threw her handing her the dinar.

No comments: