Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CAR KEYS

Subj: FW: CAR KEYS



--------------------------------------------------
> Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel; I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down.
>
>
> I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.
>
> Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.
>
>
> My wife has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition.
>
> My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.
>
>
> Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion.
>
> Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.
>
> I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.
>
>
> Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Honey," I stammered; I always call her "honey" in times like these.
>
> "I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen."
>
> There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard her voice.
>
> "Idiot", she barked, "I dropped you off!"
>
>
> Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me." She retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car."
>
> ….. Yep it's the golden years.

No comments: